Friday, February 10, 2017

Letter to Andrea While on Her Mission

I know this is a picture of Tim on his mission but I couldn't find one of Mom and me while I was on a mission so this will do.
As written by Dad in an email:

In addition to her journals, Mom has 3 large scrapbooks and this morning I happened to open the blue-fabric covered one to find these stories, actually letters inserted loosely inside. This is a copy of a letter that Mom wrote to Andrea while she was serving a mission. BTW, Tim was also on his mission at the same time. I know parts of this story have been mentioned in years past, but I thought it would be best told in Mom's own words.

Before quoting from the letter, I will say that I am taking the liberty of filtering out some of the stuff not relevant to anyone else but Andrea. 

Dated: August 15, 2011 

One more "tender mercy" to share with you - again involving the temple.... Dad and I took 3 of the youth to the Raleigh Temple last Saturday. While I was watching the baptisms take place, a woman sat down next to me. She told me she and her husband had made a trip out East to look up some people from her husband's mission (he served in Raleigh-Durham) some 20 years ago.They had been unsuccessful - and their final attempt was to stop in at the temple and inquire. When I told her my name and we had 2 children serving missions out West, in SLC and Las Vegas, she got very quiet. Then she said: "Sis. McClure, your son was in our home just last week, teaching a friend of our daughter!" I got teary, as she told me all about Tim - what a wonderful missionary he was, that he was doing well, etc. My mother's heart was quieted and brought to peace!

Well, darling, I'd better get started on my day. I think and pray for you always, and love you so dearly. Remember: You can do hard things[her underlines] 

Love, Mom

PS. Maybe I'll meet someone from your mission at the Louisville Temple next week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment